A students life..

torsdag, august 30, 2007

Back at school.

Damn, these days go fast. Just realised that it has been 2 weeks since I updated my blog. Thought it was only some days.

Well, nothing much has happened really. School has started again, tjohei. Both good and bad about that. And these physisist are not nice people. First of all, I have lectures EVERY day 8.15 in the morning (maybe I shouldn't complain about this one since I totally chose the courses myself). Second, this is a conversation between me and one of my professors this week, after we had whole last week with the two lectures together without break (that means 1 hour 45 min):

Me: I was just wondering if we could have a break between the two lectures.
Him(in a not-nice voice): I thought we were all adults, so I just assumed that it was ok to not have a break. After all, when you attend conferences, you often sit there for 3 hours without a break, so you should manage to sit here for this period of time.
Me: Well, it would just help my concentration..
Then I can't remember what he said, but it was with a voice that didn't hide that he thought I was really stupid to suggest such a thing. And the fact that no one of the other 5(!) people there backed me up... well, it didn't help.. At least we got our break. And all my courses seem really interesting, even though I don't understand a single thing in one of them. The good thing here is that nobody else does either:P

Other new schoolstuff: I decided my masterthesis yesterday. VERY short, I'm going to do experiments on stuff that could be parts of a new type of PET-scans(medical equipment). In my opinion, if sounds really interesting, and I'm soooo looking forward to start.

Ooo, I almost forgot, I have an office now:D I'm sharing the room with some other people, also nuclearphysisists (damn, there were a lot of s's in that word). So this means I don't have to carry my books everywhere. Nice.

I'm so looking forward to the next weeks, there's a lot happening. And who knows, maybe I'll get a visit or two as well:D